Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I Need to Use the Bathroom!

Here is my bathroom sign-out system:


This station is near my student tracker board so that as students sign-out, they can show it on the board. The sign-out station includes a cup of pens to use, a digital clock (so my students don't stand in the middle of the room trying to read the wall clock), sign-out charts for boys and girls, and even nurse passes.


I made simple charts within word documents so students record what times they leave and return to the classroom.  In addition to logging where students are, the charts help me figure out who may be missing math lessons every day to go to the bathroom!   More than a few times, I have used these charts to determine students who are anxious about a particular subject or time of day.

One of the many sneaky ways teachers figure things out . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment