Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Book Recommendation Videos

Even though I firmly believe that books are always far superior to movies, I realize that we are now in a world that revolves around technology and visual images. 


I love this quote, but I have found a fantastic way to mix video with books successfully in my classroom!  If you can't beat them, join them.   My classroom website includes pages of book trailers (think movie trailers, but for books) for my students to browse.  They are organized by genre.   My hope is that these videos spark interest in my students, particularly my reluctant readers, to pick up a book! 

These book trailers are a bit tricky to find sometimes.  I go to YouTube and type in the book title with some combination of the words "book" or "book trailer" or "trailer."  Sometimes adding the author name is also helpful.  Please be warned that most books do not have book trailers, but it's possible to find some great gems if you're willing to dig around!  Also, be sure to watch the trailers you do find . . . many of them are done by students as projects and can include grammatical errors, misinformation, and spoilers. 

Here are some of my favorite book trailers (five of them, in fact):






No comments:

Post a Comment