Wednesday, August 1, 2012

You've Got Mail!

In order to make sending home papers and graded assignments easier, I quickly set up classroom mailboxes.   I also have a student help with filling them each day . . . apparently I can't be bothered to spend my valuable time passing back papers.  I took all that time to grade them, so it's wonderful to have helping hands distribute them for me!     


All it took was a store-bought portafile box (it had a plastic lid that I simply removed), some hanging folders with tabs, and colored markers.  Since first developing the mailbox system, I have added a color coded system to my repertoire. 

I now use different colors for boys and girls.  I also have colored dots next to the students names that are on our office list (we only send home fliers to only children and the youngest sibling of a family).   It's so easy to customize the tabs to your specific needs and preferences. 

As I look at this picture, I am just realizing that the "5-T Mailboxes" label is on a plain index card from four years ago . . . I think it's time to make a new one and jazz it up a bit.  Maybe some metallic paint?  Glitter?  Ribbon?

Hmm . . . it's off to work on that project . . . an OCD teacher is always working on a project!

No comments:

Post a Comment