Thursday, August 9, 2012

Scholastic Book Order

Here are my materials all ready for my Scholastic book orders:


I have a pocket folder (that I got free from one of my first orders) to keep extra book flyers organized.  I also have an accordion file to hold things like order forms, payments, coupons, envelopes, etc.  Again, I got this with one of my first orders; however, a coupon accordion file would work great!

My favorite OCD preparation for book orders?  My envelopes!  I use the sticky address labels that come with every order form to prepare envelopes for future orders.  Each envelope is ready with my return address, payment slip ripped off, and my customer order number already written in.  This way, all I have to do is insert the checks, write the amount, and drop it in the mail.

When I send my book orders home, I include a short note like this one:

My notes have information about the due date, online ordering instructions, and a reminder that online orders earn free books for our classroom. 

Don't forget to get the kids and parents excited about book orders.  Here is a fabulous Scholastic video that I have posted on my classroom website for all my families to view:




Check out the website for Scholastic Book Clubs site to get started. 


No comments:

Post a Comment